The Lumphanan Press is a publishing house for self-publishers. We offer the same level of service that an author would receive if they were published by a traditional publishing company.
We help to guide authors through the many different and specialised elements to self-publishing, providing the advice and skills necessary to produce a professional final publication that looks at home on the shelves of your local bookshop.
three reasons to get in touch
We care about your book, understanding the time and effort you’ve put into your text. We believe that it deserves someone to put in the same effort on the publishing side.
We meet face-to-face with our authors as regularly as possible, are always available via phone or email, and can take on anything from a simple proof-read to full publication.
We give sound publishing advice – if we don’t think that your book will sell, or think it unlikely that it’ll turn a profit, we’ll tell you. We actually want you to recoup your publication costs!
Authors shouldn’t be expected to know the ins and outs of book publishing – they should be free to concentrate on their writing. Especially if, like the majority of authors, you are unable to write full-time for a living.
Lumphanan Press can assist with every aspect of the self-publishing process, from editing and proof-reading through to book design, sales, and marketing.
Flexible in our approach, we’re happy to take on any publishing project, no matter how small or large. We’re also happy to offer impartial advice on what sort of input from us your project might need. Contact us in the first instance for a free and informal discussion of your work.
Some examples of our services
Book cover design
Formed in 2009, Lumphanan Press have helped many authors and poets to self-publish their work over the years.
We’ve worked on publications covering such diverse areas as reflexology, industrial health, Scots language poetry, literary fiction and fantasy fiction (to name but a few). In that time we’ve also provided editorial services for academic (both students and staff) and industrial clients.
We’re also pleased to offer all our authors the chance of selling their books online through the bookshop on our website, which guarantees at least one digital outlet for their work.
Our latest tweets
- RT @PublishScotland: Network member of the day is back! Today @lumphananpress, est.2009 who offer a full range of publishing services incl.…
- Hey folks, we're looking for an illustrator to work on a self-publishing project - sort-of vaguely fantasy-style ch… https://t.co/js0XCTN4N5
- RT @tap_poetry: Brexit blues getting you down? Rees-mogg's repose haunting your waking hours? Why not pre-order some poetry! Twelve of Scot…
- RT @FitbaNomad: Right folks the @AmazonKindle version of my book is now live and available for just £2.99. The @AmazonUK paperback is out i…
- RT @FitbaNomad: BOOK UPDATE | Here's the final cover created by @lumphananpress. Off to @Madeira for a fortnight on Monday, should get a s…
- RT @FitbaNomad: BOOK UPDATE | @lumphananpress has sent me some sample chapters and the final interior layout is utterly immense... https://…
- Nice to see a wee mention of us here on the @scottishbktrust blog; pleased to have had a small part to play in the… https://t.co/ep9OQbZriY
- @cyborgTR808 @FitbaNomad Brilliant - sounds great, I'd be delighted to help you with it! Just get in touch when you… https://t.co/lpaOwoqcsF
- @FitbaNomad @cyborgTR808 Aye we can reprint really quickly and easily - normally takes 7-10 days to get delivery of… https://t.co/gCN0Z21ey9
- @FitbaNomad Really pleased to be working on it!