The Lumphanan Press is a publishing house for self-publishers. We offer the same level of service that an author would receive if they were published by a traditional publishing company.
We help to guide authors through the many different and specialised elements to self-publishing, providing the advice and skills necessary to produce a professional final publication that looks at home on the shelves of your local bookshop.
three reasons to get in touch
We care about your book, understanding the time and effort you’ve put into your text. We believe that it deserves someone to put in the same effort on the publishing side.
We meet face-to-face with our authors as regularly as possible, are always available via phone or email, and can take on anything from a simple proof-read to full publication.
We give sound publishing advice – if we don’t think that your book will sell, or think it unlikely that it’ll turn a profit, we’ll tell you. We actually want you to recoup your publication costs!
Authors shouldn’t be expected to know the ins and outs of book publishing – they should be free to concentrate on their writing. Especially if, like the majority of authors, you are unable to write full-time for a living.
Lumphanan Press can assist with every aspect of the self-publishing process, from editing and proof-reading through to book design, sales, and marketing.
Flexible in our approach, we’re happy to take on any publishing project, no matter how small or large. We’re also happy to offer impartial advice on what sort of input from us your project might need. Contact us in the first instance for a free and informal discussion of your work.
Some examples of our services
Book cover design
Formed in 2009, Lumphanan Press have helped many authors and poets to self-publish their work over the years.
We’ve worked on publications covering such diverse areas as reflexology, industrial health, Scots language poetry, literary fiction and fantasy fiction (to name but a few). In that time we’ve also provided editorial services for academic (both students and staff) and industrial clients.
We’re also pleased to offer all our authors the chance of selling their books online through the bookshop on our website, which guarantees at least one digital outlet for their work.
Our latest tweets
- @cyborgTR808 @FitbaNomad Brilliant - sounds great, I'd be delighted to help you with it! Just get in touch when you… https://t.co/lpaOwoqcsF
- @FitbaNomad @cyborgTR808 Aye we can reprint really quickly and easily - normally takes 7-10 days to get delivery of… https://t.co/gCN0Z21ey9
- @FitbaNomad Really pleased to be working on it!
- RT @FitbaNomad: Today I submitted the manuscript of my ever book 'The Fitba Nomad: The First Two Seasons' to the excellent @lumphananpress.…
- RT @GAWilsonASP: A constructive review makes for a happy writer. https://t.co/eUDNxgf9oK via @x2mum #edinburghauthors #bookreviews #fiction…
- Working on two ebooks today - sometimes they can be so easy to format and make, but other times... ouch, they just… https://t.co/FNbmGYROSg
- RT @GAWilsonASP: 'The Soul Behind The Mask' has received another 5-star review! I'm doing the shimmy of joy around the living room. https:…
- Today's tasks - finish new artwork for our @Mslexia advert (& a fine magazine it is too) and complete not one but t… https://t.co/r6C2Sv6u8l
- Well, we've let the Twitter side of Lumphanan Press slip over the last wee while... mostly through being packed out… https://t.co/cZWfezI9ER
- RT @GAWilsonASP: OUT NOW - THE COMPELLING NEW NOVEL FROM EDINBURGH AUTHOR G.A. WILSON! Available from major online retailers. Amazon autho…