The Lumphanan Press is a publishing house for self-publishers. We offer the same level of service that an author would receive if they were published by a traditional publishing company.
We help to guide authors through the many different and specialised elements to self-publishing, providing the advice and skills necessary to produce a professional final publication that looks at home on the shelves of your local bookshop.
three reasons to get in touch
We care about your book, understanding the time and effort you’ve put into your text. We believe that it deserves someone to put in the same effort on the publishing side.
We meet face-to-face with our authors as regularly as possible, are always available via phone or email, and can take on anything from a simple proof-read to full publication.
We give sound publishing advice – if we don’t think that your book will sell, or think it unlikely that it’ll turn a profit, we’ll tell you. We actually want you to recoup your publication costs!
Authors shouldn’t be expected to know the ins and outs of book publishing – they should be free to concentrate on their writing. Especially if, like the majority of authors, you are unable to write full-time for a living.
Lumphanan Press can assist with every aspect of the self-publishing process, from editing and proof-reading through to book design, sales, and marketing.
Flexible in our approach, we’re happy to take on any publishing project, no matter how small or large. We’re also happy to offer impartial advice on what sort of input from us your project might need. Contact us in the first instance for a free and informal discussion of your work.
Some examples of our services
- Scots language
- Page layout
- Book cover design
- Flyer Design
- Ebook creation
- Financial planning
- Sales advice
Formed in 2009, Lumphanan Press have helped many authors and poets to self-publish their work over the years.
We’ve worked on publications covering such diverse areas as reflexology, industrial health, Scots language poetry, literary fiction and fantasy fiction (to name but a few). In that time we’ve also provided editorial services for academic (both students and staff) and industrial clients.
We’re also pleased to offer all our authors the chance of selling their books online through the bookshop on our website, which guarantees at least one digital outlet for their work.
Our latest tweets
- @writeanne I can quite believe that you do! Thanks anyway Anne 🙂
- @writeanne More details available of course if you want them! Thanks very much 🙂
- Hi @writeanne, wondering if you might fancy a look at "Life and Love in the Gorbals", maybe for review on your blog? https://t.co/687v3hjTn1
- Congratulations to Alice Elder and her family for a job well done 🙂
- Brilliant launch of "The Stone Ermine" last night in Waterstone's Aberdeen - it's flying off the shelves there! https://t.co/lQy0CsGVkD
- RT @cochrane_c: Third print run of my short story collection #ShiftingSands from @lumphananpress heading for @lomondbooks. Still shifting…
- Pleased to say we're now managing the website of the venerable Northwords Now. How great to be involved with such an excellent magazine!
- Away to Stirling tomorrow for an Off The Page book fest event, forming part of a panel on self-publishing. Come! https://t.co/uInPG2pDtd
- RT @AlishaCeit: February book reviews include State of Emergency by Richard Drysdale. @lumphananpress https://t.co/fxKK7OJVyk
- RT @FionaGrahame: Valentine's Day: Ah've Got Mine https://t.co/QjFuion7K4 via @NewsOrkney